Disclaimer:

Due to FTC regulations, any book reviewed on this site was sent for free by the author/publisher to The Pagan & The Pen Book Reviews. We are not paid to give reviews by Author or Publisher. Once review has been made, said books are deleted.

Aug 5, 2010

Blood Hero by Madeleine Drake


THE PAGAN & THE PEN BOOK REVIEWS

Title: Blood Hero
Author:
Madeleine Drake 
Buy Link
Publisher:
eXcessica publishing
Genre: Historical/Erotic/Romance/M-F
Length: 35 pgs.

RATINGS FOR:

Cover: 4

Presentation: 5

Editing: 4

Story: 5

Writing Ability: 5

Reviewed by: Strega



About The Book: When Rihat discovers that his village is being terrorized by an akhazu demon, he seeks help at Marduk's temple. He meets Iltani, a demigoddess who's been cursed by Ishtar to live as an ardat-lili, enslaved by lust, a night-maiden who feeds on sexual energy. Iltani offers Rihat the power to slay the akhazu, if he'll agree to serve her every need without question. But will the price of that power be more than Rihat can bear to pay?


The Review: Rhiat is a warrior praying for a miracle…you've heard that saying, "be careful what you wish for?" Apparently Rhiat never had. This is a very short, fast-paced read that left me breathless. I was hooked from the first page, drawn in by the fabulous writing and the original plot. This story is so well written it's almost as if you can feel what the characters feel, especially in the sex scenes. The battle scene was so realistic I discovered my heart was actually pounding as I read and when Rhiat was injured, I felt the pain he felt. In the final chapter I found I had been holding my breath as I read on to discover if Rhiat survived.

The only problem I saw was in the editing, and even those were minor and doesn't distract from the reader's pleasure.

Ms. Drake is a flawless writer and even though I have never read any of her work before, I will be looking for more. And Ms. Drake, please continue Rhiat's story, I want more of him…um, his story I mean.

Pagan Elements: The premise has some references to gods and goddesses, but in general, is not pagan.

~ * ~

Disclaimer: Due to FTC regulations, any book reviewed on this site was sent for free by the author to The Pagan & The Pen. We are not paid to give reviews by Author or Publisher. Once review has been made, said books are deleted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment