Disclaimer:

Due to FTC regulations, any book reviewed on this site was sent for free by the author/publisher to The Pagan & The Pen Book Reviews. We are not paid to give reviews by Author or Publisher. Once review has been made, said books are deleted.

Apr 20, 2010

The Camouflage Wife by Iona Blair



PAGAN & PEN REVIEW

Title:  Camouflage Wife
Author:  Iona Blair
Publisher: Carnal Passions
Genre:  M/M Erotic Romance
Length: 46 pgs
Other:  M/M, M/F, Menage
Pagan & Pagan Elements:  No/ No
Reviewed by:  Kim Earley



About The Book:  When two male cops get the hots for each other in 1950s Toronto, they could face jail time if caught. A camouflage wife seems like the answer to their prayers, but ends up not being quite what either one expected.

The Review:  I have read Iona Blair before, and enjoyed the book I read immensely. So when I saw her name on this book, I decided I needed to read it. I found this one slightly disappointing. Not due to subject matter, her writing, or even an ending I don't care for in my erotic romances (but is believable), but mainly because I felt that the depth in this one was lacking. Some sex scenes were in-depth, and charged, putting the reader right there. Others were glossed over, or cardboard. I read the entire book, hoping for more of the in-depth stuff that fantasies are made of, but never quite got the satisfaction I desired. I'm giving it two cards, because some of the scenes put me there.  I'll try another book by this author, but it won't be because of this one.

Pagan Elements:  None
Cover (Rated 1-10): 9-The cover indicates what the story is about.
Disclaimer: Due to FTC regulations, any book reviewed on this site was sent for free by the author to The Pagan & the Pen. We are not paid to give reviews by Author or Publisher. Once review has been made, said books are deleted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment