Disclaimer:

Due to FTC regulations, any book reviewed on this site was sent for free by the author/publisher to The Pagan & The Pen Book Reviews. We are not paid to give reviews by Author or Publisher. Once review has been made, said books are deleted.

May 19, 2011

Finally, My Love by Kate Richards


The Pagan & The Pen Book Reviews

Title: Finally, My Love
Author: Kate Richards
Buy Link
Publisher: Breathless Press
Genre: Erotic Romance
Length: 23 pgs.
Reviewed by: Gray Dixon

RATINGS FOR:
Cover: 4
Presentation: 4
Editing: 4
Story: 4.5
Writing Ability: 4.5

Overall Card Rating
                                                     

About The Book:
Amelia Staker meets her Internet lover, John Quincy, for the first time in the flesh. After a year of seeing John only through webcam, she's ready to show him a good time. Without a moment to waste, Amelia is prepared for two weeks with John—alone, with no computer screens between them—until the elevator puts a hold on those plans. Stuck in a darkened cab, their imaginations run hotter than their online trysts. Can this romance translate into a permanent future? Or will she send him packing?


The Review:
Although a very short story, I was completely pulled in and enjoyed the interaction between the two characters, Amelia and John. The anticipation of meeting your “on-line love” for the first time in person was quite authentic. The build-up to what you know is going to happen, read as hot sex, is compelling and when it happens in the stuck elevator, in the dark, is funny at first, but quickly leaves you fanning yourself. Although the ending was predictable, it left me wanting for more.
I would have rated a Top Pick, but there were a few editing errors, so I couldn’t say it was perfect. Also, the predictability of the story left me deflated. This story could be longer and I hope the author takes this idea and expands on it.  

1 comments:

Kate Richards said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. This story is very dear to my heart, and I appreciate your taking the time to read and review the book. It has some elements of when I met my husband online 10 years ago...at least the airport scene. He makes me tell everyone we have no elevator. Thanks!

Post a Comment